Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: I need right advice

Posted by DAK on August 08, 2000 at 11:02:59:

In Reply to: I need right advice posted by Leonard on August 08, 2000 at 08:58:13:

You should check the certificate of occupancy at the Brooklyn borough office of the Department of Buildings, on the 8th Floor of the Brooklyn municipal building (Borough Hall). If your building does not have a certificate of occupancy, the use in effect in 1938 is grandfathered. If there are seven units on the certificate of occupancy, you are rent stabilized, and you should immediately stop paying rent until you seek legal advice.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name