Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Do you want to fight?

Posted by John on August 07, 2000 at 23:22:38:

In Reply to: Real Estate Agency's responsibilities posted by Mark Feuerer on August 07, 2000 at 17:43:43:

Illegal as in basement apartment or converted? Their are statues to follow for both cases and the bulding department is a good source of information for this. Check to see if the building has a registration number, etc.

Ultimately, you must decide if you want to stay or break the lease and leave. Your lease agreement should not interfere with your apartment and the conditions in which you live in. But if the landlord is lacking in repairs then by all means report the apartment to the building department and have them tear it down.

: Does anyone know if there is a publication available that outlines a NYC broker's responsibilities in disclosing property details to a potential renter? I had a broker who rented an illegal apartment to me and I believe they knew it was illegal before we signed the lease. Thanks for your help.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name