Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

get a lawyer

Posted by hawk on August 06, 2000 at 21:13:28:

In Reply to: Illegal sublet of rent-stabilized apartment in NYC posted by Eliana Menzin on August 05, 2000 at 18:27:36:

in this situation, you should not tell the prime tenant or the landlord, but hire a lawyer to sue in supreme court to have the prime tenant declared to be an illusory tenant. you will be able to collect any rent overcharge from the prime tenant and have the court order the landlord to accept you as the tenant of the apartment and the landlord will be ordered to offer you a lease in your name. so, you have found yourself in a fortoniate situation, which you can take advantage of, if you paly it right. tipping off the prime tenant or the landlord of your awareness of the illusory tenancy situation -- before you sue the prime tenant -- will backfire on you!! good luck...need a good tenant lawyer,,,,hire me

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name