Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

The Final Word

Posted by Unstoppable Ed on August 31, 2000 at 18:25:41:

In Reply to: Building sold posted by Marie on August 27, 2000 at 21:00:10:

I'm not responding to more threads in this post as it is obvious that original poster's dilemma has been "lost" by those people who want to make a point on other topics, like housing court.

I stand by my advice on this issue. The tenant will need to find a new place, and the landlord had offered significant help. To advise the tenant to not look for a place, or to use housing court to delay the process, would cause significant disruption to the old or new owners of the house, surely making them withdraw their help. And the tenant would still have to move anyways, why not go now while he has help not only in getting a new place but even in paying the rent.

Of course others are free to post their own advice. Hiring lawyers, fighting things out in court is sometimes necessary to right a wrong, but does not come without a cost in both time and money. Lawyers such as Mark Smith do not work for free. And in this case no "wrong" has occurred, and it seems given that the poster would have to move at one point or another.

Again, I'm not responding to new issues on this thread as my purpose here is to help others with housing matters, not engage in mindless debates. Helping others means helping both landlords and tenants, something I've done before here and will continue to do.

-Unstoppable Ed

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name