Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Tenant offers to convert rent stabilized apt. please BUY the apartment

Posted by Richard on August 30, 2000 at 16:58:35:

In Reply to: Tenant offers to convert rent stabilized apt. to Condo posted by Phil Shore on August 30, 2000 at 13:27:52:

You will be getting it at the peak of the market, and you can buy it and when you lose you job next year due to the AL GORE RECESSION...voila bankruptcy

GO FOR IT PHIL.... YOU DESERVE IT!

=====================================
: I have lived in a rent stabilized apt. , For the past three years. I am now interested in buying my apartment. What are the drawbacks? Taxes? Condo vs. Coop?
: A co-op to me seems like just like I have to hire Union lawyers at $250 and hour to walk in the door. I'm not against Unions; in fact the original Union idea is noble to me, when Unions were really Unions. However, the way Unions were run in the 1960's thru 1980's, they were not really for the poor. It was for mostly the middle class. And now, that I went from being poor to well I guess the middle class (I hate labels). Middle class being the $35.000 a year tax bracket. I would prefer to be a billionaire a million means nothing today. A condo would mean not having to go to boring meetings with the same middle class that would never allow me to be in a Union, when they were really Unions in the first place. The deal the Landlord and I came to is fair but what is the legal process that we will have to go thru?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name