Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Ed.. you are wrong again.

Posted by just right all the time on August 28, 2000 at 11:48:41:

In Reply to: This advice is irresponsible and wrong posted by Unstoppable Ed on August 27, 2000 at 22:24:38:

I don't care if they are a month to month tenant. They were living there for 8 years and that does not constitute a month to month tenancy.

The person also has small children and Judges do not evict people who FAIL TO PAY RENT with children, let alone someone who was ambushed with a building sale. There was no PRIOR NOTICE given to the tenant that the landlord was going to sell the building.

The new owners can collect the rent until these people find a place. The Judge will not evict them with less than six months to find a place.

My knowledge comes from reading the law and sitting in on over 500 landlord tenant cases in the 5 boroughs of NYC. The simple truth is when you have children Judges do not evict until the tenant has found a place to live within around six months. If you know of a case, ED, where a Judge evicted a rent paying no problem tenant WITH CHILDREN from a building that was safe and sound AND WITHIN 30 DAYS I would appreciate you posting.

Hold out for more money !! Ed is wrong again.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name