Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Rent Control

Posted by Unstoppable Ed on August 23, 2000 at 08:10:44:

In Reply to: Rent Control posted by butch on August 23, 2000 at 02:29:52:

Check out the SCRIE (Senior Citizen Rent Increase Exemption) program for him. Call 212-442-9365. The city has a general number for senior citizen information too, 212-442-1000. You might want to call it and ask about medicare and meals on wheels.


: My Father is 83 and lives in a hud inspected apartment house in the east 5th street area of manhatten. He makes about $500 per month on social Security, and nothing more. His rent went up 15% to a point where he has to do without proper medical attention to pay his rent.
: Can someone tell me about whether there is rent control in new york, and if hud apartment houses apply, and how much they can charge, and if my dads rights were violated.

: Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I Just came off a devastaing divorce, and can't help out very much. It is a shame that this old man, who always had a hard life, and at least was capable of working to make ends meet, can't work any longer, and now looks forward to dying because it is so dificult to live.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name