Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Succession in a 4-unit building

Posted by Mark Smith on August 01, 2000 at 10:09:10:

In Reply to: Still seeking answers: Succession posted by frank on July 31, 2000 at 21:01:32:

DHCR has jurisdiction in a 4-unit building if the apartment is rent controlled. Did your partner's mother live in the building since 1971 or before? If so, your partner may have succession rights, if your partner lived with his/her mother in the apartment for at least two years before the mother died or moved out. If that's the case, the apartment would still be rent controlled.

: Is there anyone that can tell me which agency has jurisdiction over 4-unit houses? DHCR informed me that they do not have jurisdiction over 4-unit dwellings. What's with the HPD "Certificate of Inspection" posted in the doorway? My next door neighbor receives communications from the DHCR. What gives? We are trying to establish succession rights, as my partner's mother occupied the apartment for years. When we moved in 4 yrs. ago, I thought we were going to be rent-stabilized. And please, Richard, don't bother answering this one because it's obvious you're a LL.....

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name