Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Request motion detectors for the hallways, etc...

Posted by John on July 24, 2000 at 09:04:12:

In Reply to: Kings No electricity at Night In Hallway/Entrance posted by Samantha on July 22, 2000 at 08:18:07:

Depending on how many apartments are in the building, the landlord must provide
services to the common areas, but when your dealing with private homes and no lease... The problems associated with being a month to month tenant is multiplied ten fold.

Anyway, try suggesting motion detectors for the common areas. It will save the landlord some money in electricity and save you a lot of headaches. It is also a good security feature, because the light lite up when a person enters the hallway and would notify tenants that someone just entered the building.

Good Luck

: I need some advice. My landlord is not turning on the lights in the alleyway next to my home or in the hallway outside my apt or at the entranceway after sunset and before sunrise. The house is completely dark. It is a 4 family apt house and she lives right over me. I moved in with a lease but that was up last year and she wanted to raise the rent but not renew the lease. It's now a year since I have no lease and refused to pay her increase without one.
: Now she is getting us all back by refusing to give us light in common areas.
: Any suggestions? This is a very dangerous situation. My neighbor was already broken into!!!!!! I feel hopeless over the situation.
: Thank You!!!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name