Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Victory! Now what?

Posted by Brenda on July 19, 2000 at 11:36:10:

In Reply to: Re: Victory! Now what? posted by EGH on July 18, 2000 at 16:51:34:

: Assuming that the landlord will not give you a refund, the original rent reduction order probably authorizes you to deduct the retroactive amount from
: your rent. I don't see any reason not to go ahead an do that. If the
: landlord begins an article 78 proceeding, you should consult a tenant attorney
: and do what the attorney says.

I think that would be money down the drain. The tenant does not have to hire a lawyer if the LANDLORD loses an Art. 78. The DHCR would defend that. Also, he posted here to get some guidance. Basically you are telling him to get lost.

I can't answer his question, but obviously you can't either. Giving him bad advice to "consult a lawyer" to answer a simple question is not helpful.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name