Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Please help (victory? now what? post)

Posted by TBONE on July 18, 2000 at 18:32:05:

In Reply to: Re: Please help (victory? now what? post) posted by Brenda on July 18, 2000 at 17:08:17:

: : I'd much much appreciate it if somebody could attempt to answer the question I posted earlier -- the "Victory -- now what?" post I put in a few days ago.
: : I just discovered this board and would love to participate, so I assure you that I will reciprocate if I see a question I can answer myself.

: I would like to join in this plea, as I am involved in a similar case with the DHCR, only my PAR is still pending.

: I have found that, with some exceptions, questions re DHCR proceedings are simply beyond the knowledge of most people on this board. Usually I have to answer them myself. My own questions on DHCR-related topics are rarely answered. For example, I am still waiting for an answer re whether there are any genuine sanctions when landlords lie. I am still waiting for an answer.

1) What does the PAR order state at the end of the order. It should say how to collect. I believe that you may deduct money off the rent immediatley as the Par was in your favor, however you can't get a lump sum payment until the you know whether or not the owner filed a Article 78 as you must enter the order as a judgement against the owner in court.

2) Are their any genuine sanctions if owner's lie? Are their any sanctions if tenants lie? Yes and no. Writing something that may be incorrect will not get you sanctioned, submitting false documents in a proceeding could get you fined if the tenant or owner make it a issue and the falsified information is verified in a separate proceeding.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name