Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Rent increase with decrease in services

Posted by puppyo on July 18, 2000 at 13:51:38:

NYC, rent stabalized, written lease, 38 units

The other tenants in my building say that my landlord is not allowed to charge the rent she is charging me because she removed air conditioners that were once in my apartment. Does she have to make a rent decrease for removing airconditioners? She did put a rider in my lease saying she was not responsible for air conditioners but there was no mention of her making any decreases for the removal. The tenants association in my building says that she has steadily increased the rent on my apartment to previous tenants without allowing for removal of the air conditioners.
Also, the other tanants say that she should give us all rent decreases because she locked the door to a trash compacting system that allowed us to deposit our trash on each floor.
These services are not listed on the Rent History that I recieved from the Housing Authority. Is there anywhere that lists these such services and can they be counted in a decrease in services claim to challenge what she is charging me?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name