Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

In addition ask for a housing inspector.

Posted by John on July 10, 2000 at 16:47:37:

In Reply to: Stop-payment on rent check posted by BK on July 10, 2000 at 14:49:49:

Their should be an office or section within the court house that offers (free) Pro-bono attorney assistance to tenants. Go early and find out where to go.
Show the Judge the pictures and request an inspector to look at your apartment. Oh, and don't sign any agreement you don't understand. If any agreement is offered make sure you benifit from this agreement and the landlord must complete their part before you start your part.
For example: You agree to move for $$$, make sure you get the money, before moving. If you get the money after you move, the landlord will be hard to find... And then you will use your own money to move and have to go to small claims court to get the money.

Good Luck

: I live in the state of Maryland (Montgomery County). My landlord refused to do repairs so, I did a stop payment on the June rent check so that I can do the repairs myself. Now, she's taking me to court. I have my court date on Wednesday. My question is, should I reverse the stop payment before the court date, or just take a new check with me to court. Or, if I mail a replacement check certified mail today, do I even have to go to court?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name