Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

How much notice by Landlord is required when asking tenant to move?

Posted by Jane on July 02, 2000 at 19:19:50:

Landlord VERBALLY told my husband yesterday 7/1 that we needed to move by the 20th as she is selling house. We do not have a written lease (have lived here almost three years). It is a house. Also, important info: recently she has started making demands on how the outside of house is kept (although the house looks the same as it always has since wev'e lived here) and has requested back payment for late rent penalties because if we were late she was assessed fee from her mortagage company (she is claiming over $1600 in back late charges). We used to be late on the rent but have not been late for the last 5 months. I have a letter from her where she acknowledges the diligence in payment over last 5 months and at the same time asking us to clean up front of house. The letter is dated 6/25. In this letter she includes a print out showing where we owe her money but makes no demands in the letter for the money. I had surgery recently and I am unable to pack or lift. How much time do we have? Can she evict us? What kind of time line on the eviction process? We live in Colorado. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name