Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Rights of renters not listed on a 'lease.'

Posted by Andy on June 12, 2000 at 16:32:04:

Greetings; here is the situation. I've been living with a co-worker/roommate for over 24 months in a townhouse but I believe I'm not listed on the 'lease'; I never signed any paperwork. I've been paying half the rent and utilities, I have the checks and receipts for utilities to prove it. The landlord has been fully aware of this fact (he is another co-worker, different person, we get along fine). Recently there was a disspute at work between my roommate/co-worker and I, I believe in the near future he will want me to move out (within a month; I pay him half the rent, then he pays the landlord the full rent). I won't be able to move out for maybe 6 months because of business trips that I will be on. What rights do I have? Any particular laws I may fall within for my situation? I'll be sure to find out if I'm on the lease when I talk to the landlord next time. I live in Southern Maryland, please write to my e-mail address with any answers and with any internet references that you may have. Thanks for your time and everybody have a great day! =)

~Jr~

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name