Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Rent Stabilized Leases Still Available?

Posted by Will on June 11, 2000 at 19:00:21:

In Reply to: Rent Stabilized Leases Still Available? posted by MJ on June 11, 2000 at 13:26:27:

The only way an apartment leaves stabilization no matter what it rents at is when the landlord files for de-stabilization after the first tenant to pay over $2000 vacates...its not based solely on the landlords current price. The landlord has to file the correct need to check here on the site to see whether your building falls under rent-stabilization laws....unfortunatey, to get the rent history of an apartment you must be the current occupant. And you have to file for over-charge very quickly....


: Is it theoretically still possible to obtain a rent stabilized lease on an apartment which has been vacated? My building has both rent-controlled and rent-stabilized units; however, super tells me apartments are now renting at market rate. Am sure my landlord is not following the law, as he never has before. Which version of the rent code and which section of that version do I need to study? Thanks for any information.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name