Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

second court appearance

Posted by artie on June 08, 2000 at 17:32:47:

I have lived in my apartment since 1996. About a year later the building was sold. The new landlord signed me a 1 year lease. After the first was up the new landlord gave me another lease. After that year, he didnt give me a new lease. So for the next year I was living in the apartment without a lease. After a few disagreements about monies due, the landlord gave me a choice of either going to court, or signing an agreement to pay a certain amount of money. After months and months of trying to pay off the money, I eventually started getting backed up on the current months' rents. So he took me to court. The case was dismissed, I was given a two-year lease, but the landlord still insisted that I owed him back payments that he was trying to collect in court. I attempted to pay the past due monies, but once again found myself backed up on the rent. SO, next week I will find myself in court with the landlord- fighting eviction again. My question is will I be evicted even if I have receipts showing that I was attempting to pay my rents. Oh, I also was paying in CASH, so all the proof I have is the receipts I got from the landlord. I live in Brooklyn, NY. Can someone get back to me ASAP...thanks

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name