Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Please help me before I get killed (lock information & phone numbers)

Posted by anonymous on June 07, 2000 at 18:12:32:

In Reply to: Please help me before I get killed posted by Silvia on June 07, 2000 at 16:25:01:

: I need the lock fixed most of all because if he would not get into the building he would not be banging on my door nor breaking in

The following info is from www.victimservices.org/prsafe.html:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Project SAFE

We'll Change your Lock for Free
Call us at 212-406-3010, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Is someone hurting or threatening you?

Were your keys and identification taken during a mugging?

Was the lock on your door broken during a burglary?

If you have made a police report about domestic violence*, a burglary, a robbery, landlord-tenant harassment, sexual assault, elder abuse, or any other crime that results in you feeling unsafe in your home, Project SAFE will provide and install a new lock or cylinder to secure your home - FREE.

Trained bilingual counselors are available to answer your call. We can:

provide crisis intervention counseling over the phone
provide referrals to other types of services you may need as a result of the crime
discuss your immediate security needs
arrange for an experienced professional locksmith to some to your home to change your lock or cylinder usually with 24-48 hours, free of charge OR arrange for the installation of a higher security cylinder for a low fee at your request
*Domestic violence victims still cohabiting with the batterer must have an exclusionary Order of Protection in order to have their locks changed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

: Is there some government office I can call?

Contact the local police.
Call a domestic violence hotline. In New York City call Victim Services 24 Hour Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-621-HOPE. Outside of New York City call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 800-799-SAFE (7233) or 800-787-3224 (TDD) or call the National Resource Center on Domestic Violence at 800-537-2238. They will give a referral for local help.

You can find more information at the Victim Services Web site:
http://www.victimservices.org

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name