Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

application period

Posted by Gary on June 03, 2000 at 17:41:35:

About five weeks ago I applied for an apartment in a brand new building in New York City. At that time I was told that I would have an answer in three days and that the apartment would be taken off the market and held for me. Since then, I have placed numerous calls, asking about the status of my application. I keep hearing that they do not have an answer yet because they "are extremely busy." It has been five weeks. They have misplaced my documents many times (one time complaining to me that the apartment has been off the market for me and that it was not fair to them because of my "incomplete" application) and I have replaced these documents. The first approval did come through from the credit check agency that the leasing company uses but they are now telling me that the management has to approve it also. Like I said, this has taken five weeks already. I have supplied them with tax returns, after which, they wanted a letter from the accountant stating that he did, indeed, fill out the returns. Then they wanted a phone call from the accountant, verbally confirming the same thing. They have received confirmations from all bank accounts, etc. This apartment is in the $2,000 range and I have provided more than sufficient proof of an annual income exceeding one million dollars per year in addition to a good credit report. So, what is the problem? This is not a co-op building, just a regular apartment building.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name