Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Merwest: harassment or?

Posted by richard on June 02, 2000 at 16:33:38:

In Reply to: Re: Merwest: Here is the case: one more appeal?...probably but... posted by Anna on June 02, 2000 at 11:57:48:

I agree with Anna......I did have support, and also plenty of life experiences before with these kinds of people.......hey we tell women to get some "Assertiveness Training" ..well this time a man needs it....

And just think what will he do if in business someone tries to stiff him for the money? Or he is a pushover and lets the bill run up into the thousands, and HE gets an eviction notice because his client refuses to pay on time..

This will be a very expensive lesson for him...but in the long run He will have to deal with difficult people, and difficult clients

But the question really is did the landlord do enough to cross the line into Harassment to void the contract? One incident with a super and two incidents of eviction, over 2 years is not what i call harassment yet.

------------------------------------------------------------

: : There will probably be an appeal......but.....the two cases are very different, Ms Fuentes was living in an "Illegal" apartment and the sponsor was the landlord and gave her a rent stabilized lease, so she should of course maintain her rent stabilization status, because she did nothing wrong.

: : Here we have a guy who has no good reason to leave his rent regulated apartment, but he CHOSE to take the money and run......so why should he be allowed to keep his apartment, a deal is a deal.

:
: I've interviewed lots of tenants in his position: he really did not "choose" to make this deal. They were harassed and intimidated and just wanted the stress to go away. They weren't thinking straight. You were able to withstand a lot more of this type of thing that most tenants, but then you did have a girlfriend and a lawyer, emotional and legal support.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name