Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: 50% increase on Rent Stablized APT?? NO

Posted by Anna on June 01, 2000 at 18:54:02:

In Reply to: 50% increase on Rent Stablized APT?? posted by Colin on June 01, 2000 at 02:18:35:

: My landlord offer me a renewal lease on my rent stabilized apt 2% 1yr, 4% 2yr(section 2523,5(a)) I signed it, copied it, retuned it. They then sent me a letter, not a renewal form, "offering to renew" my lease at 41% 1yr, 50% 2yr or not to renew my lease (30 day offer). Now the apt is in a coop building, but has been rent stablized ( in this coop building) up to 4 year ago when I last checked with DHCR...... Advice? Comment?
: /Bummer

If this building is a privately owned coop, you are stabilized for life. To be stabilized in a coop, you must have lived there while it was still a rental building or succeeded to someone who did. The apt remains stabilized until the non-purchasing tenant leaves. Your rent should increase 2%-4%: threaten to,file complaints with DHCR, do it if they don't produce your lease. Note: until they deliver that signed lease, you stay and pay the current rent.

Exception?: Mitchell-Lama rentals converted to coops (is this even possible?).
publicly funded coops.

If you rented the apt after the building was converted to coop, you're not stabilized.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name