Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Maintainance of services

Posted by Pam on May 28, 2000 at 19:22:29:

I have a few questions concerning the 42-unit, approximately 80 year-old rent-stabilized Manhattan building I live in. Perhaps someone knows the answer to one of them.

I've been here approximately 2 years (lease-holder), and the current "part-time" super (who lives in the basement apt) has been here about 3 years. Many tenants (lease-holders) have been here longer than the current super, and remember the prior "full-time" super. As he has another job, our current super is somewhat slow on maintainance - the garbage tends to pile up all over the floor of the basement (rodents and roaches!), litter and spills in the lobby hallways and in front of the building take several days to be cleaned up, and the basement is locked early EVERY evening (about 6:30 pm as opposed to all night access under the previous super), restricting our access to the laundry facilities and recycling containers. Are we entitled to have the level of service restored to what it was during the prior super's reign?

Also, there is a large empty room in the basement which I would like to keep a storage unit in. I've unsuccessfully asked the super if this was possible, offering to supply the unit and lock myself and to write a disclaimer releasing the owner and super from responsibility for the safety of the unit and its contents. Am I entitled to storage?

Thanks

Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name