Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: I Hope This Is The Final Word On Optional Image URLs

Posted by Mark Smith on May 23, 2000 at 09:19:28:

In Reply to: Re: I Hope This Is The Final Word On Optional Image URLs posted by TenantNet on May 22, 2000 at 18:16:23:

I started the Optional Image URL thread because I use that feature on another message board that offers that option and the Optional Link URL/Title -- the same as those on TenantNet Forum. That other message board is run for a not-very-well-known singer, and I use links, from her own website, to post her picture, her CD covers, etc.

I also post messages in another forum that does not offer those two options, but it lets you download attachments up to 500 KB, which do occupy space on the forum's server. That forum also lets you use HTML in messages, which can include links similar to Optional Image URL and Optional Link URL/Title. I have encouraged people who use that forum to post pictures of the athletes in the minor sport covered in the forum.
A few people in that forum have recently posted attachments with pictures, but they aren't automatically viewable. You have to click on a link, which slowly brings up the picture. It seems most people don't realize how easy certain HTML codes are to use, or how much easier it is to read a message if HTML is used.

The only posting problems I've ever encountered using WebTV is in the TenantNet Forum. Very long messages appear fully in Preview, but are cut off when they're posted. I didn't bother to search for the previous message where TenantNet criticized someone for linking to a gif until TenantNet raised the issue. Other people (Anna?) have posted Optional Image URLs without being criticized by TenantNet.

If I were serious about using an Optional Image URL in a TenantNet message, I would transload the URL of the jpg or gif to a free homepage, where it would always be available. But if a jpg or gif is no longer available, the message appears without it.

:
: OK, so you found it and yes you are right -- we were wrong. Is that what you wanted to hear? Although it might not occupy space on our server, it does involve unnecessary overhead with increased bandwidth on the net and work for your browser. Wh

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name