Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

eviction

Posted by faith on May 19, 2000 at 14:28:19:

due to electrical problems that were supposed to be fixed before i moved into my apartment, i did not pay rent until this was fixed, my landlord left on my door a 'notice for rent or possession' which was supposedly signed and filled out at the county courthouse. a few weeks later i was served by the sheriff a 'petition to recover posession of real property', with a court date on it. upon going to court the judge sided in my landlords favor overlooking the fact that their are several code violations in the apartment. the judge also noted that the first 'notice for rent or posession' which was 'supposedly' filled out at the court.. was 'forged, and that is misrepresentation, then he told my landlord that he was overlooking that and accepting it as the first notice. i was wondering if this is legal? I am appealing the case, and therefore am not surrerendering the money owed to my landlord which was to be paid upon moving out (on the 25th). They are putting a judgement against me.. is this legal?? any help anyone can provide would be helpful. thank you

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name