Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Tenant Lease/Rights

Posted by Gina on May 19, 2000 at 11:30:17:

I have a Tenant, who started with a one year lease in a two family brownstone in Brooklyn, I have not made up a new lease since the year 1998, does the prior lease still remain in effect? I am the owner of the brownstone, who also lives there. I need to know what rules to apply to her and myself. I also don't know if my building is rent regulated or stablized, its a two family house and she rents out the third floor, which is three rooms and a full bath, how would I find that out? Also, as I verbalized to her in front of the realestate broker who found us for her, that she would be the only tenant living in the 3 room partment, does she have a right to have her guest stay in her apartmetn when she is not there. Also, if this guest is injured, like if she fell down the steps in front of the house, are we liable? The steps and exterior of the house are always clean and free of anything that may cause someone to fall. Any info would be most appreciated. Thank you

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name