Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Seems like you've got it covered

Posted by MikeW on May 16, 2000 at 10:19:01:

In Reply to: What can we do to get pet owners some rights in this city? posted by Concerned Pet Advocate on May 16, 2000 at 00:48:48:

Now all you need is to convince a few hundred thousand people to do the same.

: I have been fighting my own battle with my landlord over the "no-pet" clause in my lease, I read the posts of distressed pet-owners on this message board, and have been made privy to the woes of many dog owners in my neighborhood, who for obvious reasons loathe when the time comes for their companion animals to pass on and greatly fear that their landlord will prevent them from getting a new dog.

: What can we do to get some rights for pet-owners and want-to-be-pet-owners in this city? There is legislation sitting idle in City Council (Intro 203) and Bills on the floor of both the NY State Assembly and State Senate that would help if not cure the problem all together (see also NYS Assembly Bill A1777 and NYS Senate Bill S4112).

: Anyone have any ideas? Pets are so healthy for people and it is so sad to have so many people suffer without them.

: I have emailed City Coucilpeople (Miller was the only one to respond) and members of the NYS Assemby and Senate. I have even brought the existence of this proposed legislation to the attention to the ASPCA in the hopes that their legal team might take up the cause and lobby for the bills.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name