Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

The landlord can't evict you for no reason.

Posted by John on May 15, 2000 at 15:33:17:

In Reply to: harassment?? posted by dsc on May 15, 2000 at 10:59:38:

If you have been in this apartment for a number of years I would assume the landlord kept up the maintaince of the apartment and only recently (after the overcharge judgement) started to harrass you. Continue to pay the amount of rent you owe and request repairs in a timely manner. I assume the landlords agent documented violations in your apartment and will use them against you claimimg renovations to the apartment.
My only suggestion is to document everything. Like visits for repairs, letters to the landlord for repairs to be made. No more verbal requests. Verbal request are only as good as the paper it is written on (which is none).
Good Luck.

: I live in a rent stabilized apt and recently my landlord received a summary notice in a rent overcharge complaint I'd filed in 1994. Since then he has been reluctant to fix my intercom that has been broken for more than three weeks. last week someone from my landlord's office came by my apartment. I was told the person was going to fix the system, but instead he took the opportunity to look at my apartment and take notes. Then he told me that I was no longer welcome in the building and they want me to move out. he said I should name a figure. i told him i wasn't going anywhere.

: does anyone have any suggestions about how to next proceed.

: thanks,
: dsc

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name