Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Filing an Article 78

Posted by brenda on May 09, 2000 at 16:07:52:

In Reply to: Filing an Article 78 posted by Tom Marshall on May 09, 2000 at 11:11:34:

: Please Help!!!

: In our Building-Wide Complaint, we need to now file an Article - 78 Proceeding, with the New York Supreme Court.

: We need to know the rules, proceedures & requirements for this Filing.

: Please, If you know this information, E-mail me ASAP.

I sympathize--I will file an Article 78 if I lose my PAR in a case I have pending. But for that, you really need a lawyer.
Also, the courts give deference to agency decisions, so you need a strong case to win. It has to be an abuse of discretion, blatantly wrong.
Sure, it is done pro se, but I wouldn't attempt to do it myself.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name