Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: change of way to pay rent

Posted by Mark Smith on May 07, 2000 at 13:14:41:

In Reply to: change of way to pay rent posted by Danny on May 07, 2000 at 12:19:00:

If your apartment is rent controlled or rent stabilized, the landlord can't change the method of payment, unless the lease contains such an unlikely provision. File a complaint with DHCR.

: i was wondering what the policy is for changing the way that rent is paid. i.e., my landlord will is saying that they will no longer accept personal checks as a way to pay rent, now they musy be in the form of a money order or cashier's check. could it, technically, fall under unwarrented raises in rent that i did not sign for (the percentage that goes into getting a money order or cashier's cheque)

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name