Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: NRP & HPD

Posted by John on May 06, 2000 at 22:33:07:

In Reply to: NRP & HPD posted by Lucelenia Roman on May 06, 2000 at 11:34:53:

Legal? If the City owns the building and plans to renovate it, I think this is a wonderful idea. I would assume you would have a choice of locations, and of course ask for Public Housing. I have seen people like you stay in their apartments till the last possible moment. Do that, my friend did that and she just moved within the building to completed apartments. If you are worried that the City will evict you and give away your apartment then take them to court. You have a right to your rent controlled or rent stablized apartment.

: I am currently living in a city owned apartment in NYC. HPD is the organization we pay rent to. There are no leases or anything of that matter. Recently we were informed that the building was being considered for a program called NRP (neighborhood redevelopment program). In this program all tenants are relocated temporarily until repairs are done in the building. My problem is that the organization which is going to work (St. Nicholas NPC) with HPD does not guarentee that we will be getting the same apartment back. They say they will accomodate people by family size and the rent to be paid will be 30% of household income with a cap-off. I would like to know if this is legal. Could they move us someplace else because they decide to make the new apt. smaller or bigger than my family size? I would appreciate if anyone who has been through the program can give me some insight on how this actually works.

: Lucy

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name