Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Easier said than done, Brother!

Posted by PollyO on May 05, 2000 at 19:16:00:

In Reply to: Easier said than done, Brother! posted by Afron on May 05, 2000 at 18:00:34:

Perhaps Richard's response was harsh, but it was realistic. It's a cut throat world of apartment hunting out there.

Regarding your search: first you say you are a "professional" couple, but then you say you have an unstable job. Don't tell that to a potential lanlord.

Secondly, a "professional" or any other type of couple that wants a decent apartment in a habitable building in a reasonable neighborhood can expect to pay more than $650 a month especially if you can't put in the time-- that Richard mentioned-- to pound the pavement and race around the city with all the others that are looking.

Good luck in your search. At those prices, you'll need it. Sounds like your best best is a private house, but those come with a whole host of problems too...

: Well, Richard, thanks for the response (?). It was informative to an extent but you came across a little too harsh. Man, I wish I can make it happen as easy as you think, bro. However, I have an unstable job, an ego driven boss and very little time to spare. That is why I need SPECIFIC information regarding places that are available, addresses and prices. Your information is great for someone who has more time but for the time crunch I am in, your information wasn't too helpful. Thanks anyway, brother.

:
: : You need to take ALL your sick days vacation days personal days NOW!!!!!!!

: : You need to check the Village voice, NYT, Newsday every night for any new ads..... you need to start calling at 7 or 8 am and keep redialing till you get someone... then take a cab..or car service and get there fast with all your info, pay stubs credit report, cas checkbook and be there by 9 am

: : Or you have to go into astoria, willamsburg, greenpoint, LIC and check on the bullitin boards in the laundromats, check the local queens gazzete the free paper I see at the citibank on 39th and queens blvd.

: : The check other banks, stores for there little weekly paper in the other areas

: : So why are you going to work? If needing an apartment by June 1st is so important to you?

: : ------------------------------------------------------------------------

: : : Couple seeks a one bedroom apartment by 6/1. We desire a full kitchen, bathroom and living room. Near subways. We are both full time professionals, clean, responsible and mature. We can pay from $675 (No utilities) to $850 (All included). In Brooklyn: Williamsburg or Greenpoint. In Queens: Astoria, Forest Hills, LIC, Woodside, Rego Park. No brokers if your rates exceed one month's rent. Finder's fee available if your information leads to an apartment rental (without a broker). Please e-mail or call 917-562-2144. Thanks!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name