Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Problem with No Fee Rental Listers

Posted by A. Raymond on April 24, 2000 at 14:35:46:

Hi. I had signed up with a place called NY No Fee in Manhattan (212-727-8267) in December. I was verbally told by the representative that I would receive updated listings that were also advertised in the newspaper. However, after the first e-mail listings, I only received listings that didn't include the ones listed in papers (Scam). So I went to the office to get a refund and I was told that I would receive a refund. My girlfriend filled out a refund request form.

Then, we were told that we would not get a refund. Also, the person that originally signed us up had left. He told us that he was there for 5 years and suddenly he left. Another thing is that you don't sign up with the person you speak with over the phone. When we first signed up, we were told to see one person and when we went there requesting to see that person, we were told by another rep that they said to mention their name so they can get credit (Huh!).

They told us when we called to check on refund that we can't get a refund. However, we did look over Contract and we saw where they don't give refunds. In contrast, we were mislead about how they operate before signing.

If anyone knows of how I can deal with them, please e-mail me or post a reply. I have lost $150 and still don't have an apartment after 5 months of receiving their listings. In conclusion, the people that I have contacted from their lists have all told me that the apartments have been rented for a while.

Please help. Thanks! Their address is NY No Fee @ 129 W 27TH St. Between 6th/7th Aves. # is (212)727-8267. P.S. I had a researcher look them up after this situation and they are not licensed by the State of NY and also each Rep is supposed to be licensed which they are not. Please help.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name