Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Expedited DHCR procedures?????

Posted by brenda on April 22, 2000 at 14:25:49:

Someone from this board sent me email on another topic, but noted in passing that new procedures are in place at the DHCR (Div. of Housing & Community Renewal, which regulates rent controlled and stabilized apts. in NYS) that has speeded things up. It so happens that this has been my experience over the past few months in an ongoing case that I have before the DHCR. Last year the tail end of the case was wrapped up very speedily, in a matter of weeks while I used to wait for YEARS. (Most importantly, speedily and in my favor).
One neighbor, with a similar case, reported the same thing and said that a favorable ruling followed a DHCR inspection in a matter of days.
Is anybody out there familiar with this? I've had some horrible experiences with the DHCR, so any good news is always welcome.
Would appreciate some replies apart from the usual "system sucks" crap. I know there are people on this board with DHCR experience.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name