Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

NEED ADVICE

Posted by Darcy on April 21, 2000 at 23:12:28:

today my husband bought a satellite dish and asked the manager if he would have it installed, and she said she would check on it with the property owner. Just a few days ago our apartments went under new management, and everything here is very different. the staffs attitudes are snottier, and alot of the groundspeople, the office clerks, etc. were fired. We went to the store a few hours later after asking about this satellite dish and we came back, found a notice on our door to Vacate Premises within 30 days. My husband went there and asked about it and they said because our lease expires at the end of next month, We also didn't pay the 25.00 fee for a small damage to the wall. We paid it, fixed it up months ago, and they still said I'm sorry we still cannot re-new your lease, so they put us on a month-to-month basis saying we could stay UNTIL THEY FIND A NEW TENANT FOR OUR PLACE. This doesn't seem right to us, like we were discriminated or something. I'm not sure. But just for 25.00 they refuse to put us on a lease for 6 months.
My husband also got into a discussion with the manager about the satellite dish, and finally they gave in. Was this right to do? or what is the deal here?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name