Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Read for advice.

Posted by John on April 21, 2000 at 20:52:57:

In Reply to: HELP ME I am heldover - Richard help if you can posted by Svantis on April 18, 2000 at 14:42:06:

If you offically moved out and delivered the key to the landlord don't worry about the holdover. Send a family member with a power attorney (Indicate for court appearances only) and have them represent you. Have them state that you moved out of the apartment and that the case is closed. You can purchase power attorney letters from an attorney or from Staples office supply store (instructions are attached).

As for your accident? Do you plan to sue? Have a family member or a friend photograph the area that you fell in. Do it quick before the former landlord repairs the area. Document everything

: I recieved a 30 day notice to get out, so I found a new apartment, and on the day I was moving out, I fell down the steps of my apartment building and broke my leg. It was because there was loose treading on the steps.

: Now my landlord has filed a holdover on me, but I did manage to move out, just this past Sunday, and the 30 day notice was up on the first of April. We go to court tommorrow.

: HELP! Can he still file on me since a) I am already gone b) I could not move out because I hurt myself due to his negiligence????

: Thanks in advance for the advice

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name