Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Singer/Pianist looking for rental protection in a new apartment

Posted by MikeW on April 10, 2000 at 17:17:43:

In Reply to: Singer/Pianist looking for rental protection in a new apartment posted by Linda V on April 10, 2000 at 16:13:21:

I'm winging this a bit but...

There are certain hours after which you can't make noise that leaves the apartment. I think it is around 10pm, but I'm not sure. If you consistantly violate this, your landlord could move to evict you. I also think that there are rules on how much noise you can make at any time. Even in the middle of the day, you can't vibrate the fillings out of your neighbors' teeth. Again, I'm not sure what the limits are.

If you search some of the material on this site, you should be able to get more concrete answers.

: Are there laws for or against protecting those people who have to rehearse in their apartments? I have a piano, I sing, I have a large voice. Are there legal restricitons for rehearsing in my apartment?

: Please provide regulation and specific sections from any legal source that you are aware of.

: Thanks for your insight.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name