Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: HAVE AJUDGMENT FM PRIOR LANDLRD, NOW LOOKING TO RENT SPACE FOR A BUSINESS

Posted by richard on April 09, 2000 at 13:16:10:

In Reply to: HAVE AJUDGMENT FM PRIOR LANDLRD, NOW LOOKING TO RENT SPACE FOR A BUSINESS posted by DINA D on April 08, 2000 at 18:42:56:

How many times do we have to tell you..PAY IT!

You screwed up, YOU defaulted, YOU moved when you didn't have to, YOU caused the landlord a problem, YOU witheld rent, YOU didnt show up in court,YOU made him lose money, YOU made him take you to court.....

The Landlord did not do ONE thing to you except let you know WAY in advance he was not going to renew your lease.....perfectly legal.

SO PAY IT.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------

: We have a judgment on our record for owing 2 months rent. it was entered in default, we never went - i was 6 months pregnant at the hearing date. this is ruining my otherwise perfect credit, i was thinking of getting an order to show cause, go down to the court, reopen the case and try to get it wiped off my record. can i do this? what should i do? the other problem now is that we want to buy a business from someone, and have the lease transferred to us. the condition of the sale is, we are to be checked out by the landlord to be approved. I am not sure what type of checks the landlord will do? what is customary? do they get a trw? will this prevent me from getting the lease? the judgment is for 1,900$ what should i do???

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name