Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: In NJ, what are my rights when my security is no longer in escrow?

Posted by Alice on April 05, 2000 at 04:52:32:

In Reply to: Re: In NJ, what are my rights when my security is no longer in escrow? posted by richard on April 03, 2000 at 22:04:48:

I would look up the laws & talk to the court. My experience in 1 county in New Jersey was horrendous. These were attorneys. Attorney #1: Why don't you just move & not pay the guy. Well it has turned into a nightmare. This guy claimed to own a couple of rental properties himself & was serious. He suggested another attorney to sue the landlord under the Consumer Credit Act for misrepresentation. Attorney #2: The referral. This is after court appearance. for nonpayment of rent: a) I should have spoken to an attorney before I went to court. We could have called tons of witnesses, etc. Never mentioned appealing. Or it was too expensive. Then regarding suing him under the Consumer Credit Act -- assured me that I didn't have a leg to stand on because the landlord had gotten a judgment. This still remains to be seen.

Point is -- some of them are (to put it nicely) overly enthusiastic for whatever reason & do not see the points of law involved at all.

One thing I was told by a judge in anoth

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name