Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Why aren't landlords required to bonded & licensed?

Posted by Alice on April 05, 2000 at 04:42:47:

In Reply to: Re: Why aren't landlords required to bonded & licensed? posted by fred on March 30, 2000 at 14:44:59:

Are you saying this bill was enacted or not enacted? I suppose I should checkk this out myself.

I just read a portion of it & this sort of thing should be law in all states. The fines should be partially payable to the tenants however.

I also think that security deposits should not be in the hands of the landlord ever. They should be placed in "uninvolved" hands. Third parties with a joint agreement to its disbursement at the end of the lease. Too many landlords keep the money. And it becomes an extreme hassle to file in court for its recovery. My experience has been that the judges do not inform tenants of their rights in the least bit concerning various housing issues. Once I was awarded the deposit back & never told I could get court costs even. Tenants should be given damages for time lost for having to file & take time off to go to court & for transportation to & from the court when this happens. Landlords make too much money for them to not have to pay their tenants for breaking the l

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name