Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Case of Missing Lock

Posted by Anna on April 01, 2000 at 18:52:38:

In Reply to: Case of Missing Lock posted by CC Low on March 30, 2000 at 22:01:45:

: Hello,

: I recently moved into a apartment in Indianapolis, Indiana. However, when we moved in both the Window Latch and Patio door latch is broken and cannot be used. I immediately inform the Managment representatives, but to my dismay they at first say I do not really need a lock for my patio door. And, they have not fixed the Window lock (It has been 7 days now)..Can anybody suggest what I can do. My apartment is on the ground floor with the Window easily accessible by anybody, this is why I am concern. There are several missing items that I was promised but have not been put in yet. I have given them about 3 weeks notice before I moved in. Is there anyway I can ask them to expedite the safety and security issue.

You can go to the hardware store: they make locks for all types of doors and windows: some of these are 'portable', designed to use when you travel and require no installation.

Then get your landlord to fix the broken ones! Read about effective complaint writing on TenantNet Home. http://tenant.net/index.html

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name