Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: My roommate wants me to leave, can he make me? Well yes

Posted by richard on March 25, 2000 at 11:13:37:

In Reply to: My roommate wants me to leave, can he make me? posted by Steve on March 25, 2000 at 10:47:34:

Yes but he has to give you 30 days notice, so DONT pay him any rent Next week and use the security for that, and move by May 1st....

Look the roomate is a BOZO....not asking you to move BEFORE he wanted his girlfriend to move is is really stupid.

And if he wants you out before May 1st, then tell him to give you back your security deposit in cash, and you will start looking tommorrw....

That would be fair

--------------------------------------------

: Location: Huntington Station, NY (Suffolk County, LI)

: My roommate's girlfriend recently moved into our apartment which is now very crowded. He now wants ME to leave the apartment which I already told him I would do in mid July. There has been a lot of tension and now he wants me to go immediately. Only his name is on the lease (I moved in about a year ago, he was already there) and he's now threatening to file eviction papers. Can he make me leave? He's not the owner of the property.

: Any help would be appreciated.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name