Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Rent Increase

Posted by Mark Smith on March 24, 2000 at 11:10:01:

In Reply to: Rent Increase posted by Dawn Viglione on March 24, 2000 at 08:54:27:

Is your apartment rent controlled? When did you move in? If you succeeded someone else (parents, siblings, etc.), when did they move in?

If your apartment is rent controlled, the landlord might be entitled to a 7½% rent increase every year, until the maximum collectible rent (MCR) equals the maximum base rent (MBR). You don't have a right to a renewal lease under rent control. Check with DHCR to learn the rent regulated status of your apartment. If your apartment is rent controlled and if your landlord is entitled to an increase in the MBR and/or MCR, you should have received notices about these annual increases.

:
: My landlord had asked for a rent increase at the end of January. I had told the landlord that I had wanted the increase in writing. I have not paid the increase because I have not received it in writing yet. Is it right to do this? It is a rent controlled 4 apartment building located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. I have lived here most of my life.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name