Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: requirements to cancel lease

Posted by Neek in Southwest on March 22, 2000 at 03:04:52:

In Reply to: requirements to cancel lease posted by Jennifer on March 22, 2000 at 01:04:36:

When I was searching for information about building code requirements, I went to my city's website. Your city's particular website read like a vacation brochure. So, you need to look in the phone directory for your city and find who is responsible for building codes. Sometimes the building inspectors act as an agent for all the different department such as health and fire. The next thing I would do is go to the website of your nearest law school. Why? Most law school publish the different laws that are particular to your state. Finally, go find pro bono attorneys within your area and talk to one. Explain your financial situation to the attorneys and get advice.

Within my state, there is a procedure to maintence/repairs, breaking the lease and filing a lawsuit.
Example: requesting maintence/repairs once a verbal request is ignored: Letter stating what are the problems, requesting a remedy, and reply. The letter is sent certified, return reciept.

What I have found is everything has a procedure. Lastly, (something to think about) will you have another deposit for another place in the event the landlord does not give the deposit back?

Keep the faith! And, try to be patient. This might take a while.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name