Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Un-cooperative Public Housing Director

Posted by Sherri on March 21, 2000 at 15:49:12:

My name is Sherri and I live in Southern Illinois. I live in public housing. Some tenants and I have formed a tenants association. We have managed to secure a building, clean it up, and paint. We have asked our housing authority to help us by replacing broken windows, the use of computers, that are no longer being used by the authority, and several other small things. Our director has time and time again tried to stop us from meeting any of our goals. She says we do not need these things. We have stood our ground and not given up. We hope in the near future to open up a re-sale shop of good used furniture, that has been donated to us by various people. In turn, the monies raised would be used for activities for the children who live in our county in public housing. But,we also need our directors help. My question is......How far can we push the Director, to get what we want. What are we entitled to as a tenants association? Are there any requirements that the director has to fill? Can she legally get by without helping us? Are there funds to help us organize and get started?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name