Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

BKLN HOUSING JUDGE SAYS THAT IF I LOSE CASE 10 DAYS OUT, OR GET RID OF MY SERVICE DOG AND I COULD STAY

Posted by Michael on March 20, 2000 at 06:19:07:

Hello all this is the first time i am posting here. today is monday march 20, tommorow when I go to court the 21st should be the last day of my trial. I dont have a laywer, I have Social security disability $933 per month, married wife does not work, have a dog(PIT BULL) that some tenets are scared of. Entire building owns dogs, there are three other pit bulls in building and other large attack dogs. I have been living here (brooklyn)apt. for 1 year and 3 months. Went to court 3 weeks ago for the first time and got a 3 week adjurnment to obtain laywer. The only place where i could find a laywer was south brooklyn legal service they said they wont take my case unless i get rid of my DOG. i tried several other places and went to court to have it ajurned a second time and Judge said no!!.
there are 8 tenets in my building who showed up for court in the lanlords behalf out of 120 tenets in building. Judge would not adjurn due to witnesses all being there. Judge keep telling me that I can get rid of Dog and stay 7 times. All 8 tenets said that my Dog is a nuisence, they say that my wife follows them with the dog and the dog lounges at people. Never recievied a sommons from any PD dog is 6 years old. never bite no one!!I love this dog like my child i now have him on a muzzle but Judge and landlord dont care. They made a deal of getting rid of my dog and staying without me being present. Judge treats me poorly, keeps stating case does not look good, Refuses to see Video says it is irrrelevant, almost every question I ask of the wittnessess judge says irrellevant without landlords lawyer saying I OBJECT, I ask goood question for what color is my dog to the witnesses and JUDGE SAYS IRRELEVANT. well all the witness Are all through all said my dog is vicous, scary,and my wife follows them and menances them with dog. they dont have pictues or vidio but I do and judge says irrelevant. This Video shows my dog walking unmuzzled through the streets without snaping or lunging at anyone, it also shows dog in park playing with people I hope to GOD that he lets me see it tommorow. I am bring three witnessses Two from across the st and one from the park the two across the ST. are going to testify that my dog is friendly and is always muzzled coming out of builiding for last 7 months my landlord demanded i put muzzle on dog. SO tommorow will probley be the last DAY I know that JUDGE IS GOING TO RULE IN LANDLORDS FFAVOR he said he already made up his mind.

QUESTIONS

1. If I lose and Judge gives 10 days would an apppeal stop the eviction?
2. If I get a Stay do I still have to remove dog.
3. Where can i find an apartment so fast? 10 days!!!! Judge said that he would make sure that I will not get any extensions from any Judge
4. I went to HUD about my dog being a companion & service dog---HUD told me that they dont consider PIT BULLS service or companion dogs I do have a letter from Psycologist stateing i need my dog due to emotional distress and depression. Can HUD say that about a particlar breed.
5. SInce i am considered disabled cant I get help anywhere? i tried VICTIM services, PSA, SOUTH BROOKLYN LEGAL SERVICES, BROOKLYN INDPENDENT LINVING CENTER, HUD. No help.

I am at the point of comiting suicide if i have to get rid of my dog I love HIM I had him over 6 years raised him since he was 5 weeeks old, my wife and I cant have children, dog has never did anything to anyone. These tenets, half are related are all friends my wife had an argument with one of them and thats why this is the reason why they want us out!!! they know i would rather live in the st. then get rid of him.

Please some one help!!-- E-mail me at word33@aol.com or call me on my cell phone at 917--531-4389. My name is MIKE and my wifes name is NORMA.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name