Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: notice to cure-noisy neigbor

Posted by richard on March 13, 2000 at 21:17:02:

In Reply to: notice to cure-noisy neigbor posted by roxanne on March 13, 2000 at 16:39:03:

Well if the Jerk refuses to keep quiet, and the landlord has to start eviction proceedings... why not go to court and testify, maybe the judge will kick him out in 10 days, its worth taking a day or two off from WORK.....hey everyones got some vacation sick days or personal days coming to them....use it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

: After nine months of hell listening to the bass coming from my next door neighbor's apartment-three letters to the landlord, countless calls of complaint-I have finally been notified that my landlord has served the neighbor with a "notice to cure." I read up on this on the site, and I was very happy to see that something was finally going to be done. However, some of the information said that a judge will generally give a tenant up to 6 months to move even after he has been evicted. Does anyone know if this holds up in a case where the tenant is being a nuisance? What good does it do me to have the tenant evicted when I will still have to live with the noise for six more months? And won't the neighbor be even more noisy-if he knows that he has already been evicted? Thanks!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name