Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: HPD Inspections: dangerous conditions in coop

Posted by JJ on March 11, 2000 at 23:59:32:

In Reply to: Re: HPD Inspections: MADE UP dangerous conditions in coop posted by Curious on March 11, 2000 at 22:56:38:

:Read my lips, "She states that no one entered her home".:: Get the picture?

whoa! calm down! you actually said:

"The person claims that no one entered her home to do an
inspection so how can this be?"

The only assumption or conclusion Jeannie seems to have made was that some condition did exist, that it was not simply an error in data entry at HPD, like wrong building address. Now you say the conditions were 'made up'...
Other than that, I basically agree with her.

:I was unaware that HPD did inspections in co-ops as they are governed by another agency that does annual inspections (so sue me).

And what planet is this on? Which 'other agency' governs coops? Which agency does annual inspections of coops? Please post the name and the regulations they oversee.

The only 'annual inspection' in residential buildings that I am aware of is the boiler inspection, and no 'agency' does that: private people, usually from you building's insurance company, do it.

As for the rest of your comments: you, like most people asking questions, did not give enough specific information (some tenants give toooo much: which is worse?). All you had to do was say what the violation was.

BTW: you did not answer Jeannie's question: what is so frightening about having a violation in HPD's computer? All your friend has to do is fix it and have the building manager file the response on time. No big deal. And no fine to pay either.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name