Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Richard/Jeannie

Posted by Caitlin on March 11, 2000 at 20:49:02:

Thank you to both of you. But, my roommate gave me notice on Feb.28 that he would be out by the last day of March and told me to use the security deposit as the last month's rent (which is basically no notice at all). When I told him that this was putting me in a tough situation me, he said that he would give me the rent for March on March 4th, two days after I asked again. On March 4th he gave me 250 (of the 450). I am willing to give him the 250 from the deposit I would owe him in total at that point. However, he says that he will not leave until I give him the money I 'owe' him. When do I give him the deposit? When the end of the month comes, I could give him the 250 leftover from the deposit but, because of his hostility I do not know that he will really leave. I also do not know if he will damage the room severely after he gets the money. Or if he will take my valuables, etc. I do not care if the room is a mess or if there are
nails in the wall, I'm basically worried about my own things and serious damage. If I gave him the 450 deposit back (which I would owe him approximately Tues. because he's paid until the middle of this month) he would not leave, because he's got nowhere to stay. So my only option is to let him stay. But what happens if he will not leave on the last day of March?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name