Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: summary judgment..Richard, can you read English?....yes: please do so next time.

Posted by Anna on March 06, 2000 at 01:12:28:

In Reply to: Re: summary judgment..Richard, can you read English?....yes posted by richard on March 05, 2000 at 23:39:57:

: First she said she is rent stabilized in a SRO......Then she said she has the money to pay the landlord.... then she asks should I pay him what i owe and make an accounting of her paymnets.

She never said SRO: TN did. She did not mention 'stabilized' until her second post. She said she had the rent $$ both times.

: Knowing full well what is going on around her, i cant believe the landlord would be dumb enough to try and evict her for being a week or two late with the rent so there must be more to the story,

The LL isn't 'dumb'. Many tenants just move rather than face a court proceeding. And many landlords are sending that Rent Demand less than one week after the rent is due... and/or for rent that is not legally due them. such as when DHCR reduces the rent or they fail to offer a renewal but bill the tenant the higher rent.

: Second I ASSUME that she is bright enough not to have paid ALL her rent in cash, and would have checks with her address on it to prove rent payments...Also she should have her lease too......

YOU ASSUME?!? You ASSUME too much too often; mostly you ASSUME that everybody is or should be exactly like you.

Didn't anyone ever parse that word for you?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name