Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Retaliatory Eviction

Posted by Malvine on March 03, 2000 at 12:58:10:

In Reply to: Re: Retaliatory Eviction posted by brenda on March 03, 2000 at 09:35:56:

Thank you Brenda; I'm actually considering getting a lawyer but I need to know what lawyer fees are like. I was going to start looking for a house in the summertime but I guess I have to start now. I'm actually meeting with a mortgage broker tomorrow.

I wasn't even thinking about apologizing because before I called HPD I tried talking to her; I asked her to come upstairs, but she never did. They're still using those old radiators; we even suggested that they call someone to clean them. Also, I remember when we dealt with the first landlord, he told us that the thermostat was broken & we had a key for the first floor. In order for us to get heat on the second floor, she has to set the thermostat to 75 degrees. The landlord just refused to listen to reason. I also know that she has a different reason for wanting us out. I remember when she bought the house, her husband & her came to meet us. She had the nerve to tell us that we're different; we don't act "black"; that's because we just paid the rent, & never really bothered her about the repairs that were needed in our apartment because whenever we mentioned the word "repairs" to her, she would just cry how high her bills were & ignored us. Now that I've called HPD, I guess I'm acting Black.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name